1. Name the last book by a female author that you’ve read.
Actually, I've been reading WAY more books by women than men lately. So the last one was the last book I read!
2. Name the last book by an African or African-American author that you’ve read.
Flygirl by Sherri L. Smith in January 2009.
3. Name one from a Latino/a author.
Ok, it's been awhile from this category. The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz back in January 2008. I used to read a ton from Latin authors, so obviously I need to start seeking them out again.
4. How about one from an Asian country or Asian-American?
Got quite a few of these recently. Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon, North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley, Miles from Nowhere by Nami Mun.
5. What about a GLBT writer?
Sarah Waters (Fingersmith) is a favorite as well as Jeanette Winterson (The Passion).
6. Why not name an Israeli/Arab/Turk/Persian writer, if you’re feeling lucky?
The Septembers of Shiraz by Dalia Sofer.
7. Any other “marginalized” authors you’ve read lately?
I got this amazing picture book recently from Croatian illustrator Svjetlan Junakovic called Mali Veliki Svijet. I didn't really "read" it because i don't understand the language, but I love the illustrations!
How about you? How diverse is your reading?