I finally found a reading challenge that I want to join - The 1% well-read challenge.
Here's the description of the challenge from the website:
The goal of this challenge is to read 10 books in 10 months from the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die list. For you non-math people, 10 out of 1001 is approximately 1%, hence the title. The challenge will run from May 1, 2008 through February 28, 2009.
I just entered all the 1001 Books I have read into my LibraryThing account and I am at 110! By the way, I have the book and think it is a fun read and a great way to find excellent books. When I ordered it, I had it sent to my friends Will and Sommer's place before my visit and Will just had to have it too.
The 10 I am choosing for my challenge are all in my TBR pile:
1. Fugitive Pieces - Anne Michaels
2. Enduring Love - Ian McEwan
3. The Stone Diaries - Carol Shields
4. The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro
5. Under the Net - Iris Murdoch
6. Elementary Particles - Michael Hollenbecq
7. What I Loved - Siri Hustvedt
8. Silk - Alessandro Baricco
9. Wide Sargasso Sea - Jean Rhys
10. Murder Must Advertise - Dorothy Sayers
Alternates: The Judge and his Hangman - Friedrich Duerrenmatt (In German no less!)
How the Dead Live - Will Self
100 Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
How many have you read from the list? Have you read any that I've included in my challenge?