Friday, January 23, 2009

Book Reviewer Profile: Presenting Lenore

Review Policy: (as of April 1, 2016)

I'm back and I'm ready to talk-up my favorite books!

My favorite genres:
Literary fiction
Sci-fi/fantasy (prefer dystopias, time travel, fairy tale retellings, afterlife settings)
Thrillers
Historical fiction
Memoirs
Marketing/Advertising
Picture books

Genres I do not read:
High epic fantasy
Cozy mysteries
Political rants
Most anything with vampires or fairies

Contact: lenore DOT appelhans AT gmail DOT com

I only reply to pitches I choose to accept.

From 2008-2010 I reviewed nearly every book that I finished. In a policy change for 2011 and beyond, I will no longer review every book I read for a variety of reasons.  I may, however, still feature the book and say at least a few words about it.

Generally, I cross post to GoodReads. Please do not hesitate to ask me to post a review that appears on my blog on amazon. I will be glad to do so.

Presenting Lenore stats:
Average # of unique visitors per day: 400+
Subscribers: 2600+
Technorati authority: 952 (High was #1 in Books, Top 100 in Entertainment, ranking fluctuates)
Google Page Rank: 5

Klout score: 64
I do not sell ARCs though I may pass them on to other reviewers or offer them in a contest.

I also blog at:

The League of Extraordinary Writers - Group blog for Sci-fi Debuts

For more information, please read the following interviews I participated in:

BOOK
My forthcoming YA novel LEVEL 2 with Simon & Schuster BFYR (due Jan 15, 2013)
Author Interview: Lenore Appelhans at Foodie Booklover in Wanderlust (September 12, 2012)
Level 2 interview at The Young Adult Connection (August 29, 2012)
8 Questions with Level 2 Author Lenore Appelhans at Ali Smith Photography (June 12, 2012)
How Lenore Appelhans took it to the next level at Forever Young Adult (June 1, 2012)
Dystopian August preview of Level 2 at Presenting Lenore (August 31, 2011)
Introducing LEVEL 2 by Lenore Appelhans at The League of Extraordinary Writers (April 11, 2011)
Dystopian Divas Dish ... with Lenore Appelhans at Dystopian Divas (August 13, 2011)


BLOG
BBAW Interview Swap 2012 with The Busy Bibliophile (September 11, 2012)
Blogger of Awesome at Mindy McGinnis' blog (June 28, 2012)
Reading Roots at Reading Through Life (August 23, 2011)
Book Blogger Q&A: Presenting Lenore at The Book Base (July 24, 2011)
Presenting Lenore BBAW 2010 interview at My Library Card Wore Out (September 14, 2010)
Lenore Answers 20 Questions at Lost in Books (April 29, 2010)
Blogging Around the World: Frankfurt, Germany at The Book on the Hill (April 11, 2010)
All About Dystopian February at Po(sey) Sessions (Feb 17, 2010)
FLiP it FRiDaY:Presenting Lenore at Author Sarah Ockler's blog (Jan 29, 2010)
Meet Presenting Lenore at The Book Bloggers (Dec. 2, 2008)
Presenting Lenore BBAW 08 interview at Literary Escapism (Sept. 18, 2008) (no longer online)
Presenting Lenore Reviewer Profile at Reviewer X (July 20, 2008)
In the reviewer hot seat (June 25, 2008)

Guest posts by me on other blogs:

My Favorite YA Reads of 2009 as part of Smugglivus at The Book Smugglers (Dec. 27, 2009)
YA in Germany as part of International YA Blogger Celebration at Persnickety Snark (Sept. 23, 2009)
On Fantasy and Romance in YA at The Book Smugglers (Aug. 3, 2009)
How I got started blogging at The Secret Adventures of WriterGirl. (June 9, 2009)
Skin problems in YA as part of Body Image Week at In Bed With Books (April 25, 2009)

Other appearances:
Scene of the Blog at Kittling Books (Feb. 25, 2009)

Honors and shout-outs:

Presenting Lenore wins Best Author Interviews during BBAW (Sept 13, 2011)


Presenting Lenore is declared a blog to stalk at Figment (Dec 21, 2010)


Presenting Lenore is awarded Best YA Blog and Best Author Interviews during BBAW (Sept 2010)
Presenting Lenore is The Kool-Aid Flavor of the Week at In the Shadow of Mt. TBR (Jan 18, 2010)
Presenting Lenore is named to the BBAW shortlist for Most Eclectic Taste (Sept 2009)
Presenting Lenore is named to the BBAW shortlist for Best YA Blog (Sept 2008)

Reactions to and blurbs from my reviews on author's sites (not a complete list):
Rachel Vincent on the Soul Screamers series
Mary E. Pearson for The Miles Between
Katie Alender for Bad Girls Don't Die
Megan McCafferty for Bumped and Thumped

Books that I've blurbed officially:
Starglass by Phoebe North (Simon & Schuster BFYR)
Burn Out by Kristi Helvig (Egmont)

4 comments:

Marie Cloutier said...

Nice policy statement. I need to revisit mine as well in light of Mt TBR reaching Kilimanjaro proportions!

Angela said...

This is my favorite part ...

If you are offering Catching Fire, the sequel to the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, I definitely want it.

... I don't think I know anyone who would turn down THAT book! ;) I'm hoping to get my hands on a copy myself!

Amanda said...

Just an fyi, I gave you an award! http://opinionsofawolf.wordpress.com/2010/08/31/one-lovely-blog-award/

Anonymous said...

I'm Glad i came across this site.Added presentinglenore.blogspot.com to my bookmark!