Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 in Review: Movies and TV

Even though I don't usually blog about movies or tv, I do like my year end list summaries.

2011 Movies I saw this year

Young Adult
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Captain America (on demand)
Columbiana (on demand)
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Horrible Bosses (plane)
Bridesmaids (plane)
Bad Teacher (plane)
X-Men: First Class
Super 8
Tree of Life
Carnage
Water for Elephants (on demand)
Hanna (on demand)
Something Borrowed (plane)
Drive
The Debt (on demand)
Cedar Rapids (plane)

Total of 18 (3 less than last year)


Notable movies I saw in 2011 that were released before 2011

127 Hours
The Social Network
True Grit
Never Let Me Go
Twilight

2011 movies I’d still like to see

Like Crazy
We Need to Talk about Kevin
The Help
Crazy Stupid Love
Meloncholia
Source Code
In Time

TV series I watched in 2011

Germany’s Next Top Model – Season 6
True Blood - Season 3 + 4
Fringe - Season 1
Big Bang Theory - Seasons 1- 4
The Vampire Diaries - Season 1 + 2
Pan Am - Season 1 so far
Revenge - Season 1 so far
Game of Thrones - Season 1
The Walking Dead - Season 1 & Season 2 so far
24 - Season 8

How was your year in movies?

3 comments:

Tez Miller said...

Loved MELANCHOLIA! Definitely recommend it :-)

Shaun said...

I thought Source Code was a pretty good movie, I didn't think it would be good because of the reviews I was reading, but I decided to rent it on my Blockbuster Movie pass to check it out, had to do something to get my $10 out of it this month and I think I streamed myself out of watching movies on the computer. I'm not a big Jake Gyllenhaal fan (in fact took me two minutes to figure his last name out) but he step up and give a good performance in this movie. Since you haven't seen it I won't spoil it, but I thought it was more enjoyable then sitting at work at DISH taking phone calls, but then again anything is more fun then work. Just once you do watch it tell me what you think of the ending.

Amy said...

What did you think of Young Adult?