I haven't done this for a few weeks, so I have a lot to catch up on!
1. First up - awards. I do love to hear that you love to read my blog and I appreciate all the awards. Jen of 50 for Jen gave me my first Super Commenter award, and I am very excited about this one, because one of my blog goals for the year was to comment more. In fact, for the first 3 months of this year, I recipricated EVERY comment that was left on my blog. Sadly, I've fallen behind in April and have decided that I can no longer be so strict in my reciprocity. But I WILL keep commenting as much as I can!
I was also excited to get various awards from purplg8R of So Many Books, So Little Time, Tiqa Khari of Good Girls Read Books, Anna of Diary of an Eccentric, Serena of Savvy Verse & Wit, Shalonda, Mishel, The Book Resort, H of About Books, Sadako of Dibbly Fresh, and SunShine.
2. I also won a few contests recently! I won The Crimes of Paris A True Story of Murder, Theft & Detection by Dorothy & Thomas Hoobler from Mo at Unmainstream Mom Reads. I won a signed copy of Lament by Maggie Stiefvater from Liviania at In Bed With Books (yay! a Flux book!), Galway Bay by Mary Pat Kelley from Julie P. at Booking Mama (my stepmother grabbed this to read it first), and Buffalo Lockjaw by Greg Ames from Gayle at Everyday I Read the Book Blog. Can't wait to read all these.
3. Not too many books in my mailbox lately, but I did get Milestones by Samira Armin Hodges (from the author for review) and The Secret Keeper by Paul Harris (for a June blog tour).
4. All of the review requests I've received since I posted a discussion post about authors requesting reviews last Saturday have been great - personalized and with complete info. The pitches were so great in fact that I am now schelduling reviews for October already - eeek! I need to learn to say 'no' more often...
5. The weather here during our Easter holiday was gorgeous! Sunny, warm, and slightly breezy - perfect weather for a few long bike rides along the river. It's raining and chilly again today, but I'm thankful for any nice days we get!
6. I found an online shop that sells Felidae cat food here and that makes me very happy. Emmy really loves it and it's good for her. Sure it is more expensive than other brands, but I want her to have the benefit of all natural cat food with no fillers or animal by-products (read: animal feces - yes, it is found in a lot of cat food!). I got the Cat and Kitten formula so both Emmy and new kitty can eat the same food.
Whew - that took forever...What are you excited about this week?