Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Library Thing Tuesday (82) + Picture of Emmy

Today Wendi is talking about the World Cat feature. And as per usual, I just checked it out today for the first time. I looked for my edition of George Orwell's 1984 but didn't find it.

But I do have another kind of world cat for you today too - a Lamu cat I snapped a picture of in a alley way of this Kenyan beach town. They are said to be the closest breed to those cats you see depicted in Egyptian hieroglyphics.

Aristocratic, no?

And because I don't want you to feel cheated out of Emmy, here she is cuddled up in our blanket. It's getting MUCH colder here...





18 comments:

Marie Cloutier said...

that lamu cat is very handsome! :-) but emmy wins as usual for sheer cuteness.

Audrey said...

awww they're adorable. I love kitties.

Linda said...

the lamu cat is cute but looked rather grumpy. And Emmy, as usual, is adorable!

Jeane said...

Ooh, a Lamu cat! I have a gorgeous book about them- fascinating.

Lisa said...

I never get tired of kitty pics. LOVE them.

Anonymous said...

The first catlooks like Allie. Your cats are too cute, who is going to watch them when you come home for Christmas. We need lists for you and Daniel.

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

The first catlooks like Allie. Your cats are too cute, who is going to watch them when you come home for Christmas. We need lists for you a
nd Daniel.

Rhonda

Jeane said...

It's called The Cats of Lamu- I wrote about it here

Zibilee said...

Emmy looks like she is super comfortable in that blanket! The lamu cat is very pretty as well.

bermudaonion said...

Emmy is cuter than that Lamu cat!

caite said...

and Bandit is cuter than them both!

..or at least I think so..lol

Staci said...

That lamu cat has a different shaped head than the ones that I see around here!! Emmy has the right idea!

Alice said...

Kitty pics always put a smile on my face. Thanks, Lenore!

Thao said...

Emmy, share the blanket!!!! :D

Darlene said...

Awww, that is such a great pic of Emmy all snuggled in. It's getting really cold here now. Buddy crawls under the covers at night and lays close to the heating pad even though he's so furry.

Alessandra said...

Gotta love Emily! The Lamu cat looks a bit too skinny to me. Or maybe my own cat is a bit on the plump side, lol.

Ladytink_534 said...

Double kitty post! Both are cuties.

Kate said...

I love kitties. They're both cute =)