Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day & Linger Contest!

Valentine's Day has never been my favorite holiday. But Daniel and I gave each other books and chocolate...so I can't complain about that. I'm not a big fan of romance in books, because usually it just doesn't ring true to me. It has to be really well written for me to really believe it, and one book that did that last year for me was Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver. So obviously, I am very excited about the follow-up Linger. And the following contest...

Linger Cover LargeIn Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

At turns harrowing and euphoric, Linger is a spellbinding love story that explores both sides of love -- the light and the dark, the warm and the cold -- in a way you will never forget.


Comes out in stores everywhere July 20th. Pre-order here.

Enter to win an advanced review copies of LINGER, Sisters Red, The Dead-Tossed Waves, and The Replacement on Maggie's blog.

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Books and chocolate sound good to me! I remember how much everyone loved Shiver, so I'm glad the follow up is just as good.

Anonymous said...

I loved Shiver, and can't wait to read Linger.

Sandy Nawrot said...

Valentines Day really is a commercial holiday, but who would I be to turn down dinner and flowers? Never! Books and chocolate would work too!

barnsdale11 said...

Books and chocolate are definitely better than one single rose :)

Thanks for the contest ^_^

Melody said...

Ooh, I can't wait to read this!!