Things I am very excited about this week:
1. In an interview on Cynsations, HarperCollins Art Director Martha Rago talks about a variety of interesting topics including Daniel !! and his upcoming book with Audrey Vernick: IS YOUR BUFFALO READY FOR KINDERGARTEN?
2. Brackets have been announced for Nerds Heart YA and I am judging the final round! Can't wait to see what books I'll get to read. There is still time to nominate underrepresented YA from 2009! Deadline March 31st. I think that I am judging the final bodes well for KU's (University of Kansas) chances in the March Madness college basketball tournament. Number 1 seed! Make us proud Jayhawks!
3. Book Blogger Appreciation Week isn't until September, but A LOT of planning goes into it, so My Friend Amy is accepting volunteer applications now.
4. Two bloggie pals of mine just got awesome book deals! Jen K Blom has her middle grade debut POSSUM SUMMER coming out with Holiday House in Fall 2011 and Beth Revis has a very exciting YA sci-fi dystopia called ACROSS THE UNIVERSE coming out with Razorbill in March 2011. Beth is celebrating by offering 2 very cool prize packs - one for writers and one for readers. Check it out! Congrats ladies - I can't wait to read your books!
5. Emmy and Finn may not have won their catagories in A Novel Menagerie's Beautiful Baby contest, but Sheri awarded them a special prize: Best Kitteh Story! They are celebrating by fighting over the perfect kitteh sized box in which Kimberly Derting sent me my THE BODY FINDER street team essentials.
6. I'll be in Bologna next week...attending SCBWI's pre-Bologna conference, meeting Lauren Oliver, checking out the Children's Book Fair, eating a ton of yummy Italian food and gelato, and pitching a few picture books. Wish me luck!
ETA: uh...this week you get 7. There's a new list over at Flashlight Worthy Book Recommendations that I contributed to called Young Adult Books Featuring Women of Another Era. Check it out to see all 11 picks!
What are you excited about this week?