Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Secret Santa Gifts

Honestly, I've not been so lucky with Christmas gift exchange programs the past couple of years, but this year was beyond awesome!

For the Book Blogger Holiday Exchange, Jenn of Jenn's Bookshelves was my Secret Santa and she surprised me with my gift when we all met at Michelle's for pizza back at the beginning of December when I was in DC for a few days.  I was so surprised and delighted by her gifts.  I took a bunch of pictures of the presentation and the contents on my BlackBerry and ... they have since mysteriously disapeared.  But believe me when I say the wrapping was very festive. 

Jenn bought me two books off of my dystopian wish list:  FEED by Mira Grant and TOMORROW WHEN THE WAR BEGAN by John Marsden.  And she also gave me fab holiday themed post-its and very useful bookmark thingies.  Thank you so much Jenn!

I also did a private exchange with Carla of The Crooked Shelf.  She got me SLOPPY FIRSTS by Megan McCafferty and SECRET SOCIETY GIRL by Diana Peterfreund.  As well as Bailey's Truffles, a Bailey's hot chocolate set and a kitten calendar!  I think someone knows me quite well...  Thank you Carla!!

9 comments:

Jen - devourer of books said...

Ooh, FEED was really good, enjoy!

Lenore Appelhans said...

Yes, very excited about FEED! I am sure it will show up during Dystopian February.

Sandy Nawrot said...

Awesome gifts...I've been wanting to read Feed, if only my library would get it! Love the little surprise kitty appearance!

Unknown said...

ooooh, I just finished/reviewed Secret Society Girl! I need to read #2 now... Happy reading!

Staci said...

Yay for Secret Santas!! My soon loved Feed..enjoy your new books!

Michelle said...

Doesn't look like your kitteh in the corner was all that interested in what was going on, haha!

Great gifts :)

Zibilee said...

What wonderful gifts you got! I would have been really excited about the Bailey's stuff as well!

fakesteph said...

Sloppy Firsts is one of my favorite novels. Love Marcus Flutie.

~The Book Pixie said...

I have Tomorrow When the War Began and Sloppy Firsts, both of which I need to read. Also Feed is on my wishlist. Chocolate and kitty calendar rock! lol. And Lu is just toooo cute! :D

~Briana