Friday, October 7, 2011

My Apocalypsies Tour (Sept 2011)

I spent most of my September in the US - going to a wedding, visiting family and visiting friends.  I also got the chance to meet a bunch of Apocalpsies - YA and MG authors debuting in 2012, like I am.

In Boston, I got to meet MA and NH Apocs: (l-r in picture below) AC Gaughen, author of SCARLET, Gina Damico, author of CROAK, Hilary Weisman Graham, author of REUNITED, Lauren Morrill, author of MEANT TO BE, Diana Renn, author of TOKYO HEIST, me, Gina Rosati, author of AURACLE and Kathryn Burak, author of HOW PEOPLE DISAPPEAR (not pictured). The restaurant was Zocalo Cocina Mexicana - and it was divine.  The best shrimp ceviche I've ever had.


In Kansas City, I met Genn Albin, author of CREWEL. We dined at J. Alexander on steak and an entire head of broccoli steamed in butter.

And in DC, I got to meet Jessica Spotswood, author of BORN WICKED, and Miranda Kenneally, author of CATCHING JORDAN, who took me to the most amazing chocolate themed restaurant in Metro Center called Co. Co. Sala. Like, seriously, if you love chocolate, you must make it your life mission to go there.  Chocolate cocktails!!

Looking forward to meeting even more Apocalypsies in the future. Thanks for showing me a great time, ladies!

11 comments:

hilarygraham said...

you really got around, didn't you? Also--where did my savage tan go?

Lenore Appelhans said...

I did! I never have a tan - envious!

Zoraida Cordova said...

awwww. I love this picture :))

bermudaonion said...

That sounds like so much fun! I wish your tour would bring you my way.

Zibilee said...

This is wonderful! It must have been so exciting to get to see everyone! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Diana Renn said...

I didn't realize I was wearing a party hat! Then I zoomed in and saw it was two flower bottles behind me on the wall. Well, it was such a fun night, it deserved a party hat! Thanks for sharing the photo!

Becky Juett Miller said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time.

K. M. Walton said...

That looks like a lot of Apocalypsie fun!!!!

Will you be going to the NYC SCBWI event again this year?

Linda said...

and in Wichita you got to see Aunt Linda! :-)

Jessica Spotswood said...

Aww, that's such a great picture. How did we not get a picture of you & Miranda & me? Next time! It was so much fun meeting you!

Michelle said...

Such a great time! I'm jealous you get to rub elbows with cool authors. But then, I rub elbows with you so I guess I'm lucky too. :)