- a walk with lions
- a sundowner boat cruise on the Zambezi river
- an anniversary dinner at the Boma traditional restaurant
- a visit to the Victoria Falls (pictured)
- a visit to the curio market in VF town
- a canoe trip down the Zambezi river
- a helicopter ride over the Victoria Falls
- a hide sit near the watering hole at the VF Safari Lodge
- a Chobe river boat cruise on the Botswana-Namibia border
- a game drive through Chobe National Park
We saw tons of wildlife, and everyone we met in Zimbabwe was so friendly, and not in a "i want to sell you something" kind of way (except the guys at the curio market, who chased us around with carved wooden elephants, but even these guys were non-threatening and much less annoying than their counterparts in North Africa or Asia). So we felt really safe and had a really lovely time. The only unpleasant incidents were that we got our checked luggage a day late, the electricity went out on the day we actually wanted to use our kitchen, and that we got the worst seats on the plane on our long trip home.
Stay tuned for more details and pictures!