Friday, June 29, 2007

Virtual apt. tour, Part 1

We moved in to our new apartment the last week of February and as I mentioned earlier, my father has requested a virtual tour (though he should just come over and visit since the last time he was here was over 7 years ago).


I will start with the kitchen.

I am not sure why the picture is so dark, but you can see that it is a rather large kitchen, especially for Germany. There's our new dishwasher, a gas oven/stove, and our washing machine (Germans often have them in their kitchens, which seems like a weird place to wash your clothes, but since there is no other place in the building to put it, we had no choice). The built-in cabinets we bought from the previous tenants because there is a wacky custom here that when you move, you bring your own kitchen. If we had not bought everything from them, we would've been faced with a completely empty room!! That means NOTHING, not even a light bulb.


Here's another view:


What a tiny freezer (on the bottom of the fridge) - it was the biggest I could find at the time and it's always packed. But it's nice to finally have the cabinet space to store boxes upon boxes of cereal at least :) One of the things I love most about the USA? The seemingly endless cereal aisle. The TSA guys who inspect my suitcases must think I am a nut bringing back so many boxes of Quaker Oat Squares, Rice Chex, Post Great Grains Crunchy Pecan and Yogurt Burst Cherrios (for Daniel).


2 comments:

Linda said...

Ooh, virtual tour. I LOVE IT! I remember you telling me that you had to start from scratch with kitchens over there, but that you were buying the previous tenant's stuff. Corby got a kick out of your fridge/freezer. That would never hold enough for our family, but I guess if it was just me and Corby it might! HA! Enjoy your Tori Amos concert. I'd heard she was on tour, and wondered if she'd be anywhere near you! See you at the end of the month!

Linda said...

p.s. LOVE the Longaberger basket on the shelf!