Sunday, July 6, 2008

Book Review: Down River by John Hart


As much as I enjoy reading, I always find it hard to concentrate on airplanes. A book has to be pretty exciting to hold my interest when I fly, so I usually bring a couple of thrillers with me. This last trip, I was lucky enough to have one of those seat back video systems with on demand movies, so I watched 4 movies instead of reading on my international flight. On my domestic flight and layover, I read Down River by John Hart all in one big gulp.


The main character, Adam Chase, is coming back to his hometown after 5 years away. But not many are happy to see him – even though he was acquitted at his trial (where his own stepmother was the key witness for the prosecution), most of the town believes him to be a murderer. Only the cop girlfriend (Robin) he left behind, his father’s best friend Dolf and his young ward Grace seem to support him. And when people start turning up dead, Adam again becomes the prime suspect and must try to clear his name while at the same time trying to reconcile with his family and Robin.


This thriller had an exciting, twisty plot, juicy family secrets and an unexpected killer. It was fast paced and riveting enough to get me through my whole domestic journey. Recommended!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Glad to see you loved this book as I did! And you're right - ONE BIG GULP and it's done! Here's my review if you're interested :)

Michele said...

Sounds great. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm putting a request in now.