Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Waiting On Wednesday (24) The Miles Between by Mary E. Pearson

The author of The Adoration of Jenna Fox has a new book coming out in September 2009 and I want to read it right now!

Mary E. Pearson herself provides this summary of it in a January interview with The Best Book I Have Not Read:

The Miles Between is about four teens who embark on an “unauthorized” road trip in search of one fair day. The main character has an obsession with coincidences and also a secret she is keeping from the rest of her road trip renegades, and as the story unfolds, she discovers they have secrets of their own. It is an outrageous, larger-than-life story where fantasy bleeds into reality and you are never sure where one ends and the other begins. I had a lot of fun writing it.

This sounds perfect for me because a) I love road trips and b) I am obsessed with coincidences. In fact, I made a Listmania List on amazon a while back called "dealing with the subject of coincidences" and these are the items that made my list:

2. Girlfriend in a Coma by Douglas Coupland
3. Signs (Vista Series) DVD ~ Mel Gibson
5. The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield

And now I will be able to add The Miles Between! Anyone have any other suggestions of books that deal with coincidences? I'd love to hear them!
As always, check out Jill's post to find out what books other bloggers are lusting after this week.

18 comments:

Alea said...

That cover is a trip, WHOA!

Emily Ruth said...

lol alea :)

it is pretty awesome though; thanks for sharing about this. I'm looking forward to it now!

I've only just started A/Jenna Fox and absolutely love it already, so I have no doubt The Miles Between will be amazing as well.

Readingjunky said...

Ooohh! Can't wait to read this one, too. I love Mary E. Pearson books. Thanks for bringing this one to my attention.

allisonmariecat said...

This one sounds really intriguing!

The first suggestion that leaps to mind is the film Magnolia. Lost in a Good Book is fantastic!

BookChic said...

It's funny you mention this book because I just got it in the mail today (along with Also Known As Harper) randomly. I was surprised to see the title had changed from Road Trip, but I much prefer this one. And I love the cover- it looks great in person.

I'm excited to read this. I loved Jenna Fox and have been wanting to read more from Mary since then.

Nancy said...

What a great WOW!! The cover is trippy and It sounds good. I am actually listening to the Adoration of Jenna Fox right now and am so into it--for it has me gripping my steering wheel (I listen while i commute)

Thanks for bringing it to my attention...:)

Unknown said...

I agree - amazing cover! I shall have to try Mary E. Pearson's books :)

Erika Powell said...

this book sounds great, and I haven't read Pearson books but with all the great things I have been hearing I really need to get on it. I love books about road trips too.

Amy said...

You're obsessed with coincidences? An interesting obsession!

Christina Farley said...

Sounds like a great story. I love the title too.

Melissa said...

That does sound great, and the cover is wonderful!

Sadako said...

This looks great. I also want to read Girlfriend in a Coma (if only b/c I'm a Smiths fan).

The book King Dork is kind of about coincidences. Well, more about codes and trying to figure out how things relate...but also coincidences.

Marie said...

Ah, totally want to read this one now too!

Staci said...

Love the cover and now I must read her first novel so that I don't feel like such a loser!!

Ana S. said...

This does sound wonderful. I haven't read Jenna Fox yet, but it's on my Must Read list.

Jen Robinson said...

I'm looking forward to this one, too, Lenore!

Genevieve said...

That cover is neat. I really like it! Korianne from Korrianne Speaks love books with road trips in them, so I'll have to tell her about this one. She'll be excited. : )

Ladytink_534 said...

Road trips are great but my mom would have killed me if I had taken an "unauthorized” one as a teenager lol.