What I am excited about this week (besides dystopian fiction obvs):
1. BEFORE I FALL Author Lauren Oliver's second novel is coming out in 2011. It's called DELIRIUM and she decribes it as a dystopian Romeo-and-Juliet story. Ummm.... MUST HAVE NOW! She's having a contest over on her blog for a signed copy of BEFORE I FALL, which I highly covet (and you should too!) that ends on Valentine's Day.
2. Peter over at Flashlight Worthy Book Recommendations asked me to contribute to a list of Best YA of 2009 as chosen by book bloggers. I chose LIPS TOUCH by Laini Taylor and DUST OF 100 DOGS by AS King, but you should head on over and check out the whole list.
3. SEA Author Heidi R. Kling is asking for your nominations for THE SMOOCHIES - the best kissing scenes in YA fiction in 2009. But please only go over if you are going to nominate Kizzy and Jack Husk from LIPS TOUCH ;) I do NOT want to see any more Katniss and Gale noms.
4. HarperTeen just posted the first chapters of Forget-Her-Nots by tenner Amy Brecount White (so excited for this one!) which goes on sale March 2nd. Read them at the HarperTeen website.
5. I'm not sure how many of you are aware that I've been working on developing my own picture book manuscripts for awhile now (ok...since 2004). I finally have a few in a shape I am really excited about, so submitting might be in my near future. Let's see!
6. Later on today I will be posting my tips for Book Expo America as part of the Book Blogger Con blog tour. I will tell you to wear comfortable shoes :)