Monday, October 8, 2007

NO SMOKING!

Those of you who know me know that the main thing that has always bothered me about living in Europe is that everyone smokes everywhere. Often times, I have not attended social events because I did not want to breathe in secondhand smoke. It always annoyed me to go to a restaurant and not be able to enjoy my meal because someone was smoking. So you can imagine my joy at Hessen forbidding smoking in public places effective Oct. 1! Last night, for the first time, Daniel I were at a restaurant and I saw smokers get up from their table and go outside to smoke. All of Germany should be smoke free by Jan. 1st next year (except for Oktoberfest).
By the way, the restaurant we were at is called Pistazie - a place in Bornheim specializing in persian food - very delicious. We will go back.
The Frankfurt book fair starts this week - it is one of my favorite things about Frankfurt so I bought a season ticket good for all 5 days. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Linda said...

The book fair sounds fun. Have a great time!

Steve said...

I know how much you love the book fair! Try not to walk away with as many books this year, I dare you! :)