Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Frankfurt Public Library

My TBR (to be read) book pile is quite high, but still I can't resist the pull of the public library. (Well, actually, I haven't been in so long that I didn't even know that the main library had moved). The main library has quite a lot of books in English and many pretty recent titles as well. I brought home 8 books that I've had on my wish list but just wasn't sure enough about that I'd want to buy. So now I can read for 50 pages and if they don't grab me, I can put them down guilt free. I plan to visit the children's library in Bornheim to see what YA and PB they have on offer in English (maybe Friday).

I also picked up their events calendar and learned that author Annie Proulx is going to be at the main library on Friday May 16, 2008 at 7:30 pm to read from Brokeback Mountain. (free entry). Who wants to go with me?

2 comments:

Linda said...

I do, I do! Will you fly me to Germany?

Shosh said...

I also cannot resist library books and I buy retired ones, and borrow the new releases. Even as my TBR pile is growing.