Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Library Thing Tuesday (23) + Pic of Emmy

Today's question: Early Reviewers- do you participate? How many books (approximately) have you received through the program? Have you liked them generally? What's your favorite ER book? Do you participate in the discussion group on LT?

Of course I participate in ER - it was my initial attraction to LT. I have been VERY lucky and have gotten a book (not always my first choice) every time I've requested:

The Wednesday Sisters
The Whisky Rebels
Company of Liars
Lost Episodes of Beatie Scareli

My favorite of the bunch was Tomato Girl but all that I've read so far have been worth reading. Have to read and review Whisky Rebels and Company of Liars before the month is over. I check the discussion boards quite frequently and post when I have something to say.


********************************************

On to this week's kitty pictures! Emmy is an inside cat, but she loves to go out on our balconies and look at the birds. We have to put her in a harness and go out with her though because neither is secured (and we are on the 4th floor). The weather is currently pretty decent here for October. Overcast yes, but not too chilly.

Emmy on the back balcony:

Emmy on the front balcony:

22 comments:

BooksPlease said...

You have been very lucky!

I love the photos of Emmy - such a beautiful cat - so cute!

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

We've both been super lucky! I wondered how much it had to do with personal library size/diversity so I took a peek at your's ... wow I'm adding you to my interesting libraries, you have some great looking books :)

Alea said...

Such cute pictures :D Good question this week!

Rol said...

I've been lucky three times so far, but I'm still waiting for the two most recent review copies to arrive. The first I received was Paul Auster's Man In The Dark, which I enjoyed very much and reviewed on LT.

Keri Mikulski said...

Cute cat. :)

Anonymous said...

Boy, you've gotten some fantastic books! Hi Emmy!

Yvonne said...

Love the kitty pictures! You received some good books!

Lisa said...

What great kitty pictures! I should post a picture of my Coco sometime.

The greatest thing about ER is that it introduced me to the bloggers and ARCs and the world of book reviewing for fun and no profit. That has really been a treasure.

shelburns said...

What a cute cat! I am anxious to receive my first books from LT. Many of you have had great success. I hope I am as lucky.

S. Krishna said...

That is a great list of books you got from ER, and yay Emmy!

Serena said...

Emmy is adorable.

I wanted Tomato Girl as well, but I didn't get that one. I haven't been as lucky as you. What's your secret?

Cathy said...

Emmy is a beautiful cat!

Melissa said...

You've received some great books!

Darlene said...

You've been really lucky with books from LT.

Emmy is so cute. I look forward to these pics. Yup, the balcony can be scary when you have a pet especially in that last pic-she looks very interested in what's going on down below.

Traci said...

Awww...I love the pictures of Emmy.

Bonnie said...

You have gotten some great books from LT!!!! What a cutie Emmy is. I was looking at the balcony picture and thought to myself..that looks like Germany!
I checked your profile and saw that you live there. I have family in Mainz and Taunusstein and have visited several times. It's so beautiful there!

Ana S. said...

Your Emmy is so pretty!

Julie said...

Oh, I want to read Tomato Girl!!! I love Emmy, I have 2 kitties of my own...and 2 dogs!

Linda said...

Emmy, as usual, is so cute! Does she try to run out of your apartment whenever you open the door? Abby has taken to speed vaulting to the garage whenever we open the door.

Beth Kephart said...

Emmy is gorgeous.... such a nice, reflective face. But it's also so interesting to get a glimpse of the architecture—the design of your balcony, the silver gray roofs and buildings across the street.

Lenore Appelhans said...

Oh now I have a lot of comments to reply to!

To everyone who commented on the cuteness of our cat - thanks! Sometimes I wonder if she has that self awareness to know how cute she is...

To everyone who commented on how lucky I've been in the ER program - I have no idea why they seem to like me so much. I guess because I've reviewed about 1/4 of the books listed in my library and I have a lot of popular literary fiction listed from the last few years and that's the genre I usually request. Every month I am freaked out that I'll get a no and then shocked to see that I get a yes. I'm sure my luck has to run out at some point. This month I only requested two YA (of which I also have a lot in my library) so let's see how that goes!

Lisa - Please post pics of Coco!

Linda - Yes, she loves to run up the stairs (never down) so it is at least easy to catch her!

Tasha said...

Every time you post pictures of Emmy they brighten my day. She is by far one of the cutest cats I have ever seen, and she seems like a riot!!