Here's what I am excited about this week:
1. More awards - can you believe it? Not only did I mention a few in this post about my obsessions on Sunday, but I also got a few more. Thanks to Thao for the Your Blog is Fabulous Award, to Alyce for The Butterfly Award, to Sharon, Melissa and Kaye for the Proximidade Award and to Carrie for the I Love Your Blog Award. I'm so flattered you all thought of my blog!
2. More books in the mail too - though I am trying to hold back. I got The Agency by Ally O'Brien which I won, Zombie Blondes by Brian James from a YA Book Swap with Carolina, Darling Jim by Christian Moerk from the LT ER program (that came fast!) and Sonata for Miriam by Linda Olsson for review.
3. No contest wins this week but I did get the news that The Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire has been pushed up 1 week to September 1st, and that puts me one week closer to reading it. You can read the whole story here at PW and see a slideshow of some foreign covers of The Hunger Games. The Swedish one looks deliciously creepy.
4. My friend Heather is flying over for a visit in April and we are going with another friend on a girls trip to the Greek island of Rhodes! I've only ever been to Mykonos, Tinos and Samos so it will be fun to explore an island so rich with history.
5. Daniel's first picture book is progressing well. Nearly all the illustration spreads have been approved and now he has to work hard and finish final artwork by the end of April. Wish him luck!
6. No LOST this week which was sad, but tonight is one of the last episodes of Battlestar Galactica. Here's hoping it goes out on a high note! You might also recall that I complained about not being able to watch tv shows on hulu because I'm "out of area". Well, a fellow expat told me at work the other day that there is a program you can download to mask your IP address. Anyone ever hear of Anchorfree or used it?
So what are you excited about this week?