1. Daniel created a new header for Karin Librarian and she posted her thanks. She also tracked down and posted the first online image of the Buffalo from Daniel's forthcoming picture book IS YOUR BUFFALO READY FOR KINDERGARTEN? So exciting!
2. Tina of Fantastic Book Review and Kim of The Book Butterfly have come up the Bad Boy Bonanza - a mega giveaway to celebrate the release of Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. A bunch of bloggers and authors are donating books and swag for the prize bucket. Since my favorite bad boy this year has been Sin from Nina Malkin's SWOON (my review), I'm donating a hardcover copy of said tome. Head on over to join in the fun and win yourself some books featuring bad boys. If you need some bad boy inspiration, also check out Adele's recent blog post on Persnickety Snark about her favorite bad boys of YA.
3. In honor of ALA's upcoming banned books week (Sept 26th-Oct 3rd), Donna of Bites is hosting a theme month about banned books. I'm planning on finally reading Fahrenheit 451. There is still time for you to join in! Check out her blog for details.
4. A very special writer friend of mine just signed with an agent! I'm so happy for her!
5. Book Club Part 2: Next week my new and improved (and non-paranoid) book club is meeting for the first time. We each plan to introduce one of our favorite books to the rest of the group. I'm sure I'll have a hard time deciding which one of my many favorites to talk about.
6. I'll be attending two (possibly three) Tori Amos concerts this coming week. Please keep your fingers crossed that I'll finally get to hear Northern Lad performed live and in person.