What am I excited about this week?
1. Lauren Mechling is having a contest at her blog for a boxed set of 6 books from Betsy-Tacy's high school years. Lauren describes this classic series by Maud Hart Lovelace as Little House on the Prairie meets Gossip Girl. Ooooh!
2. The Bad Boy Bonanza is still going on...and there are so far only 9 entrants and 8 guaranteed winners. That makes your odds of winning fab prizes VERY good, and all you have to do is preorder Becca Fitzpatrick's HUSH HUSH which is going to be amazing anyway. What are you waiting for?!
3. Laina of Laina has too much spare time, really does have too much spare time because she was nice enough to offer to program a three column layout for my blog, which I've wanted for a very long time. However, once I uploaded it, Daniel noticed that he'd have to adjust my header, so it is back to the 2 column layout for now. Thank you Laina! You're the best!!
4. My first Tori Amos concert of this tour was in Basel. I had a 6th row ticket and got an amazing setlist including Girl (the first performance in 6 years - my jaw dropped), Josephine, Pandora's Aquarium, Siren and Curtain Call. 6 of the songs were debuts for me which is amazing considering this was my 11th show overall since 1996. I have now heard every song from Little Earthquakes live!
5. And then it was on to Zurich. This wasn't my favorite setlist, despite 4 debuts (for me). Still, lovely performances and a FRONT ROW seat (thanks to an upgrade) made this an amazing show. I never get tired of Hotel, Tear in Your Hand, Mother and Space Dog. And I loved hanging out with Rachel and Steve who are following the entire European leg of the tour.
6. Last minute, I decided to drive to Luxembourg (3 hrs away) to see my first general admission Tori show. Because I got there 5 hours early (just missing out on meeting Tori herself), I was able to get front row and was thisclose to Tori the whole set. Highlights were Juarez, Smells Like Teen Spirit, and a rocking Raspberry Swirl. No debuts for me this show (the first time that's happened in 13 shows), but I did hear her soundcheck Northern Lad and Cars and Guitars while I was outside waiting...does that count?! Rahib did a very thorough run-down of the whole show experience on his blog if you are interested.
Here's a pic from the lovely Shireen to show just how close we were to the tiny stage. I could almost reach out and touch her hooker heels ;)
How about you? What are you excited about this week?