Wow - I haven't done one of these since the end of October.
Here's what I am excited about this week:
1. Daniel's book IS YOUR BUFFALO READY FOR KINDERGARTEN? isn't due until June, but it already got its' first review over at Laura's Review Bookshelf! YAY!
2. So if you read my post yesterday, you know I took part in yesterday's big Unsung YA blitz along with over 40 other bloggers. I hit all the blogs that posted their link at YAnnabe and added the following books to my wishlist:
A Mango-Shaped Space by Wendy Mass
Downsiders by Neal Shusterman
Feeling Sorry for Celia by Jaclyn Moriarty
Swan Sister: Fairy Tales Retold
Mistik Lake by Martha Brooks
Schooled by Gordon Korman
Cures for Heartbreak by Margo Rabb
By the way, if you haven't posted a list yet, there is still time! Kelly is taking noms through the weekend before she announces her master list!
3. After the success of her 100 Top Picture Books poll, Elizabeth Bird at Fuse 8 is now taking our nominations for 100 Top Chapter Books (a.k.a. middle grade). Send in your top 10 by January 31st. I am still perfecting my list and will send it in shortly.
4. Sheri at Novel Menagerie is having her 2nd annual My Beautiful Baby Contest where we can all showcase our adorable pets. Still looking for the cutest picture of Emmy and Finn to submit. Submit a picture of your pet(s) by January 31st. There are prizes!
5. Last Friday, Beth Kephart revealed the cover of Dangerous Neighbors coming in August from Egmont. Gotta have it!
6. I registered for BEA this week! Still need to buy a plane ticket to NYC and all that jazz, but I am getting super excited for the end of May. Will also attend Book Blogger Con on the 28th (Trish promised I could sit next to her!) and the 2nd Annual Teen Author Carnival on the 24th (Authors can register to present at the event here).
So, how about you?!