For the first time, I signed up to read during the 24 hour readathon that will take place on April 10th! Now, I doubt I will actually read more than half that time, but it'll be fun to try!
I did participate in MotherReader's 48 hour readathon 2 years ago (and I was a cheerleader last year), and I learned from experience to pick short books to make myself feel like I am accomplishing something.
And I have a bunch of books that fit the bill! Here's what is in my readathon reading pile at the moment:
1. JUMPED by Rita Williams-Garcia [YA, 168 pages]
2. TETHERED by Amy MacKinnon [Adult, 257 pages]
3. THE GIRL SHE USED TO BE by David Cristofano [Adult, 241 pages]
4. THE VAMPIRE IS JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU by Vlad Mezrich [YA, 176 pages]
5. ESCAPE UNDER THE FOREVER SKY by Eve Yohalem [MG, 214 pages]
6. BEWARE, PRINCESS ELIZABETH by Carolyn Meyer [YA, 214 pages]
7. THE BLONDE OF THE JOKE by Bennett Madison [YA, 259 pages]
8. FUNNY BUSINESS ed. by Leonard S. Marcus [Non-fic, 209 pages]
9. STOLEN by Lucy Christopher [YA, 300 pages]
10. THE BRILLIANT FALL OF GIANNA Z. by Kate Messner [MG, 195 pages]
So what do you think of my mix? Too ambitious? Not varied enough? Or just right?