Sunday, April 11, 2010

Read-a-thon End of Event Meme


1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Must have been the hour I feel asleep - hour 11?
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Most of the ones I read would fit the bill.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope! Great fun!
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The support was really helpful. A lot of the mini-challenges looked fun, though I preferred the ones you could do in the comments. I felt like I was posting too many updates already.
5. How many books did you read? 8 books, 1829 pages
6. What were the names of the books you read? (links to reviews)

Funny Business by Leonard S. Marcus

The Blonde of the Joke by Bennett Madison

The Vampire Is Just Not That Into You by Vlad Mezrich

Stolen by Lucy Christopher

Jumped by Rita Williams-Garcia

The Girl She Used to Be by David Cristofano

Tethered by Amy MacKinnon


7. Which book did you enjoy most? Hard to say - they were so different. I thought The Girl She Used to Be was the best choice for the readathon, and probably The Blonde of the Joke surprised me most in terms of how much I enjoyed it.
8. Which did you enjoy least? I liked all of them, but Stolen was probably the least ideal for a readathon because it did drag in the middle.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Wasn't one this year, though I did leave some comments, especially in the beginning.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Let's see what's going on when the next one comes along. I felt like I accomplished a lot of reading this time around, and all were books I wouldn't have gotten around to for a long time otherwise - back burner books if you will.

17 comments:

Harvee said...

I'm impressed by how much you read. I managed to read and review only one! Sunday Salon: Read-a-thon Wrap-Up

Charlotte said...

Isn't it nice to have moved back burner books along! Although I only read one of mine, I still feel that I accomplished something!

Kelly said...

Eight books? That's fantastic! You are my hero. :)

Wendi said...

That's fabulous that you were able to get so much reading done during the Readathon.

Shelly B said...

I'm so impressed that you were able to read that much and do reviews on the books! That's amazing!

bermudaonion said...

You had an amazing read-a-thon! Way to go!

Linda said...

It takes me a month to read 8 books. Wish I could dedicate myself to 18-24 hours straight of reading time! Maybe when I retire!

PeachyTO said...

WOW, all those books and reviews for them too? That is incredible! You are an inspiration.

You can see my Read-A-Thon wrap-up memehere

Cheers ;-)

Marie Cloutier said...

8 books- that's fantastic! good work! :-)

Wendy said...

I'm impressed with the number of books you read!! I agree, The Girl She Used to Be is a good read-a-thon pick (I read that one for the event in October last year).

Staci said...

You were flying through those books!!!

Kathleen said...

You quit at hour 11 and still managed to read that many books? Wow. Great job.

Michelle said...

Your point about back burner books is a good one. I love the readathon for just that reason -- I read three books I would have pushed off for a lot longer had this event not been happening.

You did a great job!

Sandy Nawrot said...

WOW you were a reading animal! I agree with you about the mini challenges...I was definitely posting too often and not reading enough. My poor followers that get the auto e-mails! They must be ready to kill me. Also the later mini challenges that required creativity and deep thinking didn't work for me! I was lucky to be able to type a comment!

Anna said...

Congrats on your accomplishments! You did great!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Anonymous said...

wow, i'm impressed that you wrote your reviews as you went! if i did that, i'd get too caught up writing and get so little reading done.

great job!

Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats on finishing so many book! Glad you had fun :)