Tuesday, July 17, 2007

San Francisco Day 1 and 2

I am taking advantage of the free Internet connection here in the business center of the Twin Oaks Best Western Novato. Great hotel. We are really happy with our room and the hotel services.

Anyway, Saturday was our travel day - basically just LONG and tiring, though I did get upgraded on the domestic portion of my flight. But I let Daniel take my seat in business and I sat in coach. He got free movies and a meal. I got movies that cost $5 each and a snack box with Oreos.

Sunday we got up really early thanks to jet lag. But after eating breakfast, we took a nap. Then we took the ferry into San Francisco and took the cable car up to Chinatown and beyond. We encountered a seriously rude cable car employee who refused to answer any of our questions with any useful information. Sample question: "If we rode the cable car all the way up, how long might it take to walk back down?" Sample answer: "I don't know, I guess it might depend on how much Red Bull you drink." Gee thanks! If you hate tourists so much, why do you work on a tourist attraction?! So we discovered for ourselves that you can actually walk down faster than the cable car. In case anyone was wondering.

Here we are on the cable car (pre-annoyance):




Once back in Marin County, we headed over to my brother Eric's house for his birthday bbq. We met his friends, many of whom had tattoos done by Eric.

Here is one (not done yet obviously):


Today we went with Eric, Heather, and Isobel to In-n-out Burger (my first time - and the way Daniel always hyped it, I honestly expected angels to serve us...) and for a hike in Muir Woods.


Then we checked out the video store where Eric is manager and went to dinner at the place near our hotel, The Wild Fox, which was delicious. Now I am looking forward to getting to bed early in preparation for our drive to Oregon tomorrow.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Aw, I'm so jealous, I want to go to In-N-Out!!!!

You can use a simple program like Paint. Go to Attributes and resize it and resave it. It's not the best way, but it does work.

Linda said...

sounds like you're having a good time. See you soon!