Thursday, July 9, 2009

Contest Winners and Blogger Trading Cards

You all took great delight in raiding my bookshelf and caressing all my ARCs. I asked which book you were most looking forward to...no surprise that CATCHING FIRE won by a landslide. But that was NOT one of the books I was offering. My copy is signed, and I'm keeping it! ASH, HUSH HUSH, and BEAUTIFUL CREATURES proved to be the most popular, garnering at least 25 votes each, but every book on my list of 21 was mentioned at least once.

But you want a winner. So according to Random.org the winner is...Tarie of Into the Wardrobe! She said she wants me to read ASH by Malinda Lo and AN OFF YEAR by Claire Zulkey. So...I'm going to read these by the end of the month and then send them off to you Tarie. Assuming you send me your mailing address to lenoreva at hotmail dot com.

I had another contest for my copy of Geektastic. The winner there is...Nymeth of things mean a lot! Her brilliant caption? "Hey look, it's the girl with three fingers growing out of her neck again! Cthulicious." Funny and geeky! I did crop that picture of David Levithan stalking me rather strangly, I'll admit.

And going WAY back to the very end of May, I promised some readers I'd send them my blogger trading card from BEA. Envelopes are already addressed to Liyana, Thao, Celia, Melissa, and Beth Kephart but have not yet gone out because I have been too busy to make it to the post office. I still need addresses for the following: PJ Hoover, polo.pony, Heather Zundel, Jenna, Melanie, Red Lady Bonnie and dissectingperfection. Please forgive me if you already sent it. My inbox is a mess and I can no longer find it.


Speaking of blogger trading cards, these are the ones I was able to collect:



Aren't they snazzy? In case you can't read the names, that's Alea (Pop Culture Junkie), My Friend Amy, Molly (My Cozy Book Nook), Natasha (Maw Books), Candance (Beth Fish Reads), Jenn's Bookshelf, Bethanne (Book Maven), Dawn (She's Too Fond of Books), Julie (Booking Mama), and Gayle (Every Day I Write the Book).

25 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I got 11 of the book blogger trading cards, but sadly, yours was not one of them.

Ana S. said...

I can't believe I won!!! Thanks so much for the giveaway :D And congrats to Tarie! I love her choices.

The blogger trading cards all look great!

avisannschild said...

Thanks for sharing pics of the trading cards with us!

Meghan said...

Congrats to the winners!

I love the book blogger trading cards! Thanks for sharing, I hadn't seen them before. =)

Marie said...

Now... how to create a Yu Gi Oh! type game out of the blogger trading cards.....that is the main question...

Diana Dang said...

Wow, blogger cards? That's awesome! How did you get those?

Unknown said...

Blogger trading cards? That's so cool!

Iryna said...

Those trading cards are really neat!! And I agree with Marie that they need to create a card game out of them . . .

Also, you have a really nice smile, Lenore!

Staci said...

Those book blogger cards are really cute!!! Congrats to Tarie and to Nymeth!!

cindysloveofbooks said...

I was lucky enough and was surprised with someone mailing me a bunch of cards yours wasn't one of them sadly, but from your list I have 8 of them. Plus another 8 different ones.

Alea said...

Weeeee it's me! I need to get mine organized they are like in catalogs and stuff :/

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

Those trading cards are awesome!

Sheila DeChantal said...

How super cool is that? I am serious - I am going next year.

Steph Su said...

Whoa whoa whoa, what are these blogger trading card things and why do they look so rad??

Kay Cassidy said...

Oh my gosh, these are darling!!! Will you be doing them again at BEA next year? I totally want to collect them!

Rich Mom, Rich Dad. Poor Mom, Poor Dad. said...

WHA????? What are Book blogger Trading cards??? How awesome are those? I need to know more, I think I need them to add to my millions of other things I like to collect!

Congrats to the winners! Have fun!

Stephanie said...

My blogger trading cards never made it to BEA, although Permanent Paper re-printed them and mailed them to my house! Wasn't that nice? :)

Lenore Appelhans said...

The blogger trading cards were the idea of Firebrand/NetGalley (http://www.firebrandtech.com/solutions/net-galley-solutions.php) who hosted a bunch of us bloggers at their booth at BEA.

Melody said...

Congrats to the winners!
The blogger trading cards look cool!!

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

Lenore, I need all the tips I can get!!
My middle name is Lenora! but people always think I'm saying Lenore.

I can't believe you have Catching Fire. I'm green with envy!

email me with ANY and ALL tips you can give! marydebastos@yahoo.com
We European bloggers should stick together! It seems like they all are in America.

Tarie Sabido said...

I won?! Oh thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! *excited to read Ash and An Off Year* I'm off to email you my address. :D

Thao said...

Congrats to the winners. I love the card, you look great in it Lenore. Can't wait to get it ^^

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

I just have to say that I should have gone to BEA for the trading cards alone! They are so adorable!

Bonnie said...

Thanks for highlighting some of the blogger trading cards..it was fun to see them since I wasn't at BEA. I will email my mailing address to you and look forward to getting your blogger trading card!!

Beth F said...

I love my trading cards! Wasn't that fun.