Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday Fabulous! (14) + The Miles Between Winners

Things to get excited about this week:

1. Random.org helped me select the five winners of ARCs of THE MILES BETWEEN by Mary E. Pearson. They are MJ (instant winner), Trish, Zibilee, Amee, and Maya Ganesan. Congrats! Please send me an e-mail at lenoreva at hotmail dot com with your mailing address and I'll pass them on to the publisher.

2. So far three awesome authors have promised to send me bookmarks to distribute to my giveaway winners. Hopefully I'll hear from some more of you soon!

3. Daniel got his color proofs for IS YOUR BUFFALO READY FOR KINDERGARTEN? and they are looking amazing. I am so excited for this book, even if it is still a YEAR away from the pub date. I can't wait until I can finally show off the cover!

4. I don't normally do a write-up on awards I'm given anymore, but the ever-amusing Sadako made her own - The Evil Pink Unicorn Award - and it is remarkable enough to rival The Zombie Chicken Award, so I just had to express my thanks publicly.

Here's what it's for: The Evil Pink Unicorn sees all, knows all, and spears all annoying teddy bears who get too close to her essential pinkness. She also commends good bloggers for being hilarious, bizarre, and just plain fun.

All together now: Awww!

5. Is it a good thing that I apparently spent enough money at Sephora this year to acheive their super-exclusive VIB (Very Important Beauty Insider) status? Hmmm....

6. Going to a wedding this weekend in Brussels so you won't see me on Twitter until Sunday evening. Don't have too much fun without me ;)

20 comments:

KT Grant said...

Evil pink unicorn award? LMAO!! That picture made me do a double take.

Cecelia said...

That award is GENIUS. I'm envious.

JKB said...

This award is AWESOME!

And SUPER COnGRats to Daniel! I can't wait to see it!!!

KR said...

Thanks so much!!

I want Daniel's book when it comes out!! I teach kindergarten. It sounds wonderful!!!!

Thao said...

The award is great. I also love the icon even though it's creepy.

vvb32 reads said...

congrats! that is a fun award to get. so cute is a weird way.

Marie Cloutier said...

congrats to the winners & enjoy the wedding!

Alea said...

That award is pretty awesome, I must say!

Maya Ganesan said...

Thank you SO SO SO SO SO SO SO much!!!!! This totally made my day.

Angela said...

Congratulations to the winners.

Staci said...

Congrats on the winners!!! I'm excited for Daniel!! Is it sick and twisted to admit that I laughed at the cool Unicorn award? I only know about this from my son!!

Beth Kephart said...

1. YOur list cracks me up.
2. I'm so excited for you and Daniel.
3. I have no bookmarks, no swag, no nothing, or I'd send them to you.

Priya said...

Congrats to the winners! And the award rocks... I got it too and had so much fun posting up the icon :P

Linda said...

Can't wait to see Daniel's cover either, AND THE BOOK!

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

Evil Pink Unicorn?! Love it :D

bermudaonion said...

We can't wait to see the cover of IS YOUR BUFFALO READY FOR KINDERGARTEN! I hope you have a great time at the wedding!

Amee said...

Haha, you total deserve the Evil Pink Unicorn award! Very cute/odd banner for it. :P

Erica said...

LMAO! I love the award. that's hilarious.

Wythe County Public Library Youth Services said...

#5: Nah that's not bad at all. I don't have a Sephora near me, but the last time I went I spent so much money that I filled up my beauty points twice and got two deluxe samples. *Shakes head* That store is like crack!

~Chelle

Anonymous said...

I love the unicorn.