Monday, April 25, 2011

A SIDEKICKS Short

I don't read much middle grade, but there are some middle grade novels I adore such as:
HOLES by Louis Sachar
MILLICENT MIN, GIRL GENIUS by Lisa Yee
THE TIGER RISING by Kate DiCamillo
THE BAD BEGINNING by Lemony Snicket
and
THE BIG SPLASH by Jack D. Ferraiolo (read my rave review & interview w/Jack here)

So, Jack D. Ferraiolo has a new book which I am dying to read called SIDEKICKS. (And in interest of full disclosure, yes, Jack and I share an agent - and in fact Jack's book is one of the reasons I was so eager to work with said agent.)

And Jack has created a hilarious digital short for SIDEKICKS.  Check it out (and if you want to see a non-cut off version, go here:




And find out more about SIDEKICKS at Jack's website.

4 comments:

Caroline Starr Rose said...

I love, love, love HOLES. It's fun to teach, fun to share with kids, and extra fun to convince adults who don't read kids books to pick up and read.

Stasia said...

HOLES is a great book. As MG's go, I also love FRINDLE by Andrew Clements and THE TRUE CONFESSIONS OF CHARLOTTE DOYLE by Avi. Interestingly, author-illustrator Dan Santat has a new mg graphic novel coming out this year, also called SIDEKICKS.

Lenore Appelhans said...

Stasia - I have the Charlotte Doyle book and I need to read it soon.

Beth Kephart said...

You have mentioned many of my favorites!