Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Library Thing Tuesday (39) + first ever Emmy video!

Today's question: Do you post links to your reviews? Here on Library Thing, or anywhere else? How else do you like to promote your site?

I do sometimes post links to my reviews, but I am not systematic or consistent.

As far as posting links on LT, If it's a ARC, I might post a link in the "Penny for your Thoughts" thread in ARC Junkies or if it's YA I might post a link in the Read YA lit "What are you reading?" thread for the current month. I haven't done this much lately though.

I usually post my links at Semicolon's Saturday Review of Books. After posting my links, I click on at least 3 of other bloggers links and comment on their reviews.

Very rarely, I'll tweet a link to a book review on twitter, but I do see other bloggers do this frequently. It works. I click on them!

**************************************

On Sunday, it snowed and Emmy wanted to go out and play in it. Watch this video to see her reaction and hear lots of meowing (happy Sharonanne?). Be warned that there is a lot of street noise - sounds like a street car might be going past.

23 comments:

jlshall said...

The video is just too cute! And Emmy certainly had the perfect coat for the weather, didn't she?

Janette Rallison said...

Ooooh, how can you resist that cute little face. I would putty.

Alea said...

Are you trying to kill me with how cute she is! Oh my gosh!!!!!!

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

That was too cute! My cat Abby loves to sit in our bow window and watch the snow, but Abby's an old girl, so she's not nearly as inquisitive looking as Emmy.

susan said...

I've only recently begun posting reviews on my blog. Previously, I limited them to my shelf at Shelfari.com.

How else do I promote my site? I show up at other bloggers' sites. I find fellow bloggers are pretty good at reciprocating a visit. And I visit a lot of bloggers very regularly and I leave comments. This is the net. Site counters are nice. Comments are better.

I also try to be consistent with regular feature posts.

I participate in weekly challenges/memes hosted by other bloggers.

Serena said...

o goodness...emmy is adorable...she just wants to play!

I also check out Semicolon's saturday review of books

Anna Claire said...

Just like a cat--the moment you take her in, she wants back out to play! And I love how unconcerned she was about the big bird on the railing. You have the cutest cat ev-ER.

Darlene said...

Oh my, how cute is that with Emmy trying to catch the snow. That made me smile today--she is just so beautiful.

Kelsey said...

She is the CUTEST thing!

susan said...

Okay, did you really want us to answer the question or talk about how cute Emmy is? lol

Anonymous said...

I love the video! Emmy is just adorable.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Okay, two reactions:

1. Poooooor Emmy
and
2. OMG I WANT YOUR CAT!

lol
:)
-Lauren

Linda said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the video! Especially how she wanted to paw at the flakes after she went back inside!

Kristen M. said...

Emmy is so cute! My cats are almost 6 and totally lazy now.

MySharonAnne said...

AWH! So cute yes I'm happy now. :)

Anonymous said...

Looked like she wasn't quite sure what was hitting here. Lots of noise. Looks like she wanted to go back outside and play in the snow. She is so cute. Rhonda

susan said...

Did anyone read this:

Today's question: Do you post links to your reviews? Here on Library Thing, or anywhere else? How else do you like to promote your site?

Is this like the show "Punked", here, Lenore? Didn't you intend for us to answer the question?

Ladytink_534 said...

Such a cutie! I'd love to see what my cat thought about snow :)

Stephanie said...

OMG, how cute is she?!?!?!? (*says the lady with five cats of her own!*)

Anonymous said...

Cutest video ever!

Wendi said...

How fun for Emmy, and I'm so impressed that you added video!! Wow!!

When I post to Semicolon I also try to visit other reviews - it is a great way to find new blogs and to see what new books are surfacing!

Thanks for stopping by and participating in Thingers last week! I've got the post up for this week. ~ Wendi

Wendy said...

Lenore - I LOVE your photos and now this video of Emmy! She is such a beautiful cat!! She reminds me of my kitty, Gizmo, in terms of personality :)

Unknown said...

She is so cute!