Thursday, February 5, 2009

What I Love About J

Alyce of At Home with Books tagged me for a meme where you list ten things that you love that start with a letter that is randomly assigned to you. I got the letter J.

The way the meme works is that if you want to get tagged you leave a comment letting me know that you want to participate, and then I assign you a random letter. Here are ten very random people, places or things I love that start with the letter J:

Jesus

June evenings – they are so magical, especially around the summer solstice.

James T. (that’s my dad).

Jim Carrey’s performance in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It’s one of my favorite movies and I think its criminal he was snubbed by Oscar.

J songs on my iPod: Josephine, Juarez and Jackie’s Strength – three excellent songs by Tori Amos, Just like Heaven by The Cure, Jackson by Johnny Cash and June Carter, July, July by the Decemberists and Jaded by Maggi, Pierce and E.J.

Japanese food especially (crack) sushi (but not all the pickled side dishes they like to serve).

Jumping Cat Monastery on Inle Lake in Burma. The monks have taught cats to jump through hoops and it is seriously cute.

The Jenneweins (Daniel's family).

Jasper Fforde. He’s the author of the Thursday Next series which I love and the upcoming Shades of Grey which I am really looking forward to. Plus I met him in person and he’s super witty and nice.

Juice - especially grape, tomato, guanabana, and pineapple.

So who wants to go next?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got a tough letter - Trish gave me P, and I'm working on my list right now.

Serena said...

I've been tagged for this as well. Great list. I got the letter W from Trish!

Steph Su said...

Sushi is awesome. I'd like to be tagged!

Janette Rallison said...

I love J too, otherwise I'd be Annette.

MySharonAnne said...

Wow J is such a hard letter. I got N and I had a hard time coming up with answers.

Florinda said...

I like your list, and am officially envious that you've met Jasper Fforde :-).

susan said...

I love memes. Enjoyed reading your answers. Please tag me. :-)

susan said...

My responses

Thanks, Lenore.

caite said...

How do those monks teach cats to do anything?

Lenore Appelhans said...

Caite - they have lots of patience, lots of time, and lots of treats!

Alyce said...

I love the song Jackson by Johnny Cash and June Carter too! I wouldn't have thought of that one off the top of my head though. Great list!

Unknown said...

Jim Carrey was amazing in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind as well as Kate Winslet! Very impressive! We should just make an Oscar for him!

cecilia

Lisa said...

Jasper Fforde is great in person - I met him at a book signing and he is totally charming.

susan said...

I tagged Steph.

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

Haha I would love to see those jumping cats! Great list, and how sweet that you have your Dad's name on there :)