Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Waiting On Wednesday (22) The Splendor Falls by Rosemary Clement Moore

I came across this cover this week and I just had to pause and admire it for a moment. I love how the title treatment hints at something dark.

Random House has the book listed under Ghost Stories and Horror, but the only summary I could dig up was the one on Rosemary's own website:

Sylvie Davis is a ballerina who can't dance. She's still reeling from her father's death, her mother has remarried, and Sylvie is shipped off to stay with relatives in the back of beyond in Alabama. She expects to be miserable, but when she sees echoes of the past repeating patterns of love, loss and greed, she wonders what's true, and what is her imagination. Sylvie's lost nearly everything - is she starting to lose her mind as well?

Well, that's a nice tease! I am fascinated by the psychological aspects mentioned, and I can't wait to see how exactly the paranormal is involved and if this goes in a thriller direction (please!) or not.

The Splendor Falls will be released in September 2009.

UPDATE - The publicist for the novel just sent me a bit more info and it looks like romance figures heavily into the plot as well:

Sylvie's father's cousin is restoring a family home in a town rich with her family's history. And that's where things start to get shady. As it turns out, her family has a lot more history than Sylvie ever knew. More unnerving, though, are the two guys that she can't stop thinking about. Shawn Maddox, the resident golden boy, is the expected choice. Expected and presumed by everyone. But Rhys--a handsome, mysterious foreign guest of her cousin's--has a hold on her that she doesn't quite understand.

Then Sylvie starts seeing things. A girl down by the lake. A man peering into the window. And a graveyard with an oddly placed headstone.

A modern gothic romance set in the South, Rosemary Clement-Moore has created a heroine who will steal your heart, a house that will haunt you, and a love story that will leave you breathless.

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. So head on over to her post this week to see what books other bloggers are lusting after.

10 comments:

Zibilee said...

This is something I am going to want to check out. It has a great cover too! Thanks for the sneak peek!

BookChic said...

This sounds amazing!! I want a copy! lol.

Alea said...

Oooh I <3 that font! :)

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Ooh-sounds good! Thanks for featuring it this week!
-Sarah

Christina Farley said...

Sounds like a great read. I'm looking for some good romance novels to read.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

This sounds really good! I'm adding it to my TBR list. Thanks!

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

I will have to look out for this one. Sounds really interesting!

Shalonda said...

Sounds spooky! I like!

And that cover is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

This looks really good. I'll definitely be adding it to my wish list. Thanks for posting about it!

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

Loving these Waiting On Wednesdays! This one in particular sounds like a fantastic read.