Things I’m excited about this week:
1. My lucky star must be shining this week because after a long draught, I won three book contests around the blogosphere. First I won a *signed* copy of Suzanne Selfors' Saving Juliet from Yan at Books by their Cover. Then I won an advanced copy of Eyes Like Stars from the amazing Shakespeare Scavenger Hunt that Author Lisa Mantchev and some awesome YA bloggers put together. And today Carey told me I won The Terror by Dan Simmons on her blog The Tome Traveller. I am very much looking forward to all three of these books.
2. I also got a couple of new books in my mailbox: Amberville by Tim Davys and Prada and Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard.
3. We are 99% sure we are going to get another Birman kitten to be Emmy’s companion. If things go as planned her new little friend will be born at the end of March and we’ll get to bring him home in mid June! Maybe then Emmy will stop waking me up at 6:30 am...
4. Sun dried tomato strips! I make a very easy pasta salad whenever we have guests and the only time consuming part was cutting up all the sun dried tomatoes (I use the ones in oil, so it was messy too). This week I found out that they are now selling the “cut and ready for salads” version. YAY!
5. Tonight we are going to see the new film version of German film classic Effi Briest – in German. I hope I understand everything!
6. The Oscars are finally here on Sunday. You know I’m rooting for Kate Winslet! And BTW, my favorite "Oscar Watching" site is Sasha Stone's Awards Daily.
What are you excited about this week?