Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dystopian August Week 2 Recap + News

I can't believe Dystopian August is already almost half over!  I posted so much this week, so here's a recap in case you missed anything. (also: recap week 1)

This week in reviews (click on book name to go to review):

LEGEND by Marie Lu (5 Zombie Chickens/New favorite)

A LONG, LONG SLEEP by Anna Sheehan (4 Zombie Chickens/Highly recommended)

POSSESSION by Elana Johnson

THE ELEVENTH PLAGUE by Jeff Hirsch (discussion with Michelle of Galleysmith)

THE PLEDGE by Kimberly Derting (4 Zombie Chickens/Highly recommended)

VERACITY by Laura Bynum

This week in author interviews (click on book name to go to preview):

Leah Bobet previews ABOVE (Scholastic/April 2012)

Lissa Price previews STARTERS (Random House/March 13, 2012)

Heather Anastasiu previews GLITCH (St Martins/Spring 2012)

Sarah Crossan previews BREATHE (HarperCollins/2012)

Suzanne Young previews THE PROGRAM (Simon & Schuster/2013)

JA Souders previews RENEGADE (Tor/2012)

Claire Merle previews THE GLIMPSE (Faber & Faber UK/2012)

This week in still open giveaways:

Win 1 of 5 hardcover copies of POSSESSION by Elana Johnson.

This week in winners:

ALL THESE THINGS I'VE DONE (1 set: ARC and Chocolate covered espresso beans):

Sandy M from AR

LEGEND (3 ARCs)

Heather F from FL
Beth S from MI
Jennifer H from CA

I'll pass your addresses along - congrats!

This week in news and links:



Mike Mullin has tips on how to survive a super volcano over at Word for Teens.  Also, his upcoming book ASHFALL just got a starred review in Kirkus. Congrats Mike!



The Great, The Good and The Bad reviews DUST & DECAY by Jonathan Maberry for those of you who enjoyed the first book ROT & RUIN.  I need to get these books!


Forever Young Adult reviews DARK PARTIES by Sara Grant



Pretty Books reviews DARK INSIDE by Jeyn Roberts

The company that brought us those cool HUNGER GAMES fan videos has a new one featuring Haymitch's time in the games (from CATCHING FIRE).

Have you seen this trailer for the new dystopian movie IN TIME?  Here's the enticing summary:

When Will Salas (Justin Timberlake) is falsely accused of murder, he must figure out a way, with the help of a beautiful hostage, to bring down a system where time is money -- literally -- enabling the wealthy to live forever while the poor, like Will, have to beg, borrow and steal enough minutes to make it through another day.  Find out more at the official movie website.

Coming up next week:
Another 5 Zombie Chicken book (or more?), a mini HarperTeen week (they love dystopias!) including a discussion with Galleysmith about Variant by Robinson Wells, more reviews, previews and giveaways!  Also - I have a COMMENTER prize pack for a random commenter this week. So comment away :)

9 comments:

Alwyn said...

Have been loving Dystopian August! Can't wait for more :)

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) said...

thanks so much for all of this! I'm really only logging on to my feed reader, these days, to see what you're up to this month. It's been such a fun event, so far. I actually just bought Possession yesterday which I think will be my Dystopian August book. Keep up the fun stuff!

Allison said...

Looking forward to seeing y'all's review of Variant! I finished it yesterday and thought it was pretty awesome.

Unknown said...

I have so many dystopias to catch up on!

Congrats to the winners - I've been after both All These Things I've Done and Legend for a while now, so eventually I should get lucky and win a giveaway. :)

Zibilee said...

Yay! So excited to have won! I also really need to check out this Haymitch fan video. It sounds rather interesting.

Beth F said...

I can't believe August is zipping along!

LeAnn said...

I love Dystopian August! You are going to provide my reading list for the next few months!

Mickey said...

Just found this!! I've already read and reviewed 2 dystopians, so I'll link up reviews, and then I'm currently reading done right now! Thanks!!

Mickey @ imabookshark

Lauren said...

This has been so much fun, Lenore!! :)