Sunday, August 28, 2011

Dystopian August Week 4 Recap + News

We're entering the homestretch of Dystopian August.  But you know what? I still have so much content, that I'm extending it a few days into September until the end of this week.  Exciting yes?  That means you also have until September 3rd to get your links in for the big S&S prize pack (see details).

(recap week 1) (recap week 2) (recap week 3)

This week in reviews (click on book's name to read review):

THE WAY WE FALL by Megan Crewe

CROSSED by Ally Condie

THE FOX INHERITANCE by Mary E. Pearson (4 Zombie Chickens/Highly Recommended)

ASHES by Ilsa J Bick (4.5 Zombie Chickens/Highly Recommended)

SCORED by Lauren McLaughlin

AWAKEN by Katie Kacvinsky

This week in author interviews (click on book name to read preview interview)

Megan Crewe previews THE WAY WE FALL (Hyperion/Jan 2012)

Antony John previews ELEMENTALS (Penguin/Fall 2012)

Alexandra Bracken previews BLACK IS THE COLOR (Hyperion/June 2012)

Demitria Lunetta previews IN THE AFTER (HarperTeen/Summer 2012)

Jennifer Bosworth previews STRUCK (FSG/Spring 2012)

Kristen Simmons previews ARTICLE 5 (Tor/February 14, 2012)

John Claude Bemis previews THE PRINCE WHO FELL FROM THE SKY (Random House/Spring 2012)

This week in still open giveaways:

CROSSED by Ally Condie (5 prize packs including ARC, poster and buttons)

Mary E Pearson prize pack (Incl ADORATION OF JENNA FOX & THE FOX INHERITANCE)

ARTICLE 5 by Kristen Simmons (international)

This week in winners:

TRUTH by Julia Karr (random commenter prize)
TerryLynnJohnson
Miss Lauren
Anna (Anna Reads)
Amanda (Diary of a Book Addict)
Candice (from AR)

Please contact me at lenore DOT appelhans AT googlemail DOT com with your address to claim your prize!

INCARNATE by Jodi Meadows
Casey W from IN

VARIANT by Robison Wells
Petra I from Germany

EVE by Anna Carey
Michelle K from IL

BIRTHMARKED & PRIZED by Caragh O'Brien
Amanda B from MN

Antony John prize pack incl FIVE FLAVORS OF DUMB & THOU SHALT NOT ROAD TRIP
Kelsey J from NJ

I'll send your mailing addresses on to the publishers. Congrats!

This week in news and links:



US residents who pre-order Ilsa J Bick's ASHES can win great prizes and swag.  All details at Jennifer Represents.  Hurry - this contest expires at midnight on Sept 5, 2011.



The Book Smugglers review Drew Magary's THE POSTMORTAL.



Brave New Shelf reviews Brian Falkner's BRAIN JACK.



Alyce from At Home With Books reviews READY PLAYER ONE by Ernest Cline (and I promptly snagged it via Amazon Vine - yay!)

Coming up this week:
My preview interview for LEVEL TWO, more book reviews and giveaways, a preview of upcoming sequels and more upcoming dystopian lit, and much more.  Dystopian August is going out in style!

6 comments:

Jules said...

I'm looking forward to the small extension! And I'm very much looking forward to your interview about Level Two! :D

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) said...

I need like the most perfect Dystopian book ever (I'm actually thinking of picking up Withered, today since I've heard SUCH good things about it) since my link that I submitted was for Possession and I was sort of "eh" on it. Have I mentioned lately that I don't want Dystopian August to end? I feel like a totally creepy stalker but your DA posts have been my favorite on my reader all month. Sigh. September, come she will.

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) said...

Oh and I'm OF COURSE pumped about the interview for Level Two!!

Donna (Bites) said...

Just making sure you picked up the ASHES pre-order contest! :)

bermudaonion said...

I finished Ready Player One and am surprised at just how much I liked it. I think you'll like it too.

Alyce said...

I'm excited that it's going until the end of the week! Thanks for linking to my review - I loved Ready Player One so much!