Monday, April 27, 2009

Rhodes Update

If you've been wondering where I've been the past couple of days...I'm on the Greek Island of Rhodes with two friends. We are enjoying beautiful weather, culture, nature and food! Since it isn't high season, we have the place practically to ourselves too. So far, we've had amazing fresh fish (I had the best swordfish I've ever eaten) and Greek traditional dishes. We've been to some lovely beaches (although the water is too cold for me to want to swim in it), and visited some ruins. Our hotel is modern and comfortable in a tranquil setting. We have a nice loungy area next to an infinity pool that looks over the ocean. The best part is the in-room window whirlpool bathtubs where you can see and be seen. We've seen several exhibitionist bathing in their window baths. It is Europe after all! Internet access is highway robbery though, so I won't be online much until Wednesday. See you then!

Books I'm reading here:

Radiant Darkness by Emily Whitman (All about Persephone and the Greek myth)
Shadow of Colossus by T.L. Higley (Set in ancient Rhodes!)
The Lonely Planet's Greek Islands guide

25 comments:

Amelia said...

I'm so jealous!

Becky said...

I honestly wish I hadn't just read that!!! If you look at where I say I'm from on my "About Me" section, I actually say Greece. Sigh...it's such a dream of mine. I traveled the Greek islands and fell in love. Rhodes was really fun, and it had the BEST crepe stand just down from the castle/museum. My friend and I sat in the little cross road between avenues and ate yummy nutella/banana crepes and watched people (and dogs) go cruising around us. Sigh again. Have FUN! I wish I were there too! :)

Kate said...

Oooh, I loved Rhodes. Lovely weather :D

Have a nive time :)

bermudaonion said...

I'm green with envy! Hope you continue to have a fabulous time!

Angela said...

It wouldn't be vacation if you couldn't disconnect from the Internet and all the things you "need" to do online!! Enjoy the rest of your time!

Marie said...

Woah- so jealous! I want to be in Greece too!

Lenore Appelhans said...

Just checking in again! Still having fun :) Thanks for the lovely comments!

Darlene said...

I am so jealous Lenore! Make sure to take some pics and have fun. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Genevieve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Genevieve said...

Ah, you're lucky! My dad and I did the Greek Isles a few years ago and it was one of my best vacations ever. We were in Greece for almost 4 weeks (and 2 weeks in Rome before that). A lot of the places we went to didn't have menus in English so I'd just ask if they had moussaka... I ended up having around 30 different dishes of moussaka on that trip! I would like to think that I'm a moussaka expert now, lol. Sadly, we didn't make it out to Rhodes but maybe next time!

Elizabeth said...

Niiiiiice! I love Greek food (and especially fresh fish!) and am highly jealous. I'll try not to hold it against you.

Steph Su said...

Take me next time you go on a trip? :)

Bookworm said...

Oooh...hope you're having tons of fun while I'm stuck here at school. LOL. Eat some spanakopita for me! (:

Unknown said...

Hoping you're having a ball : )

Anna said...

I'm envious but I hope you're having the time of your life!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Mari said...

So jealous. :)

Have a wonderful time.

Linda said...

I have fond memories of our trip to Greece when you were young! Hope you're having a great time!

Christina Farley said...

I miss Greece! Great memories. Loved the islands and knossos.

H said...

Have a good holiday!

vvb32 reads said...

lucky you! i'd love a vacation right about now. enjoy!

Melissa said...

Lucky girl! Greece is my dream destination, but who knows if I'll ever get there. :)

Ladytink_534 said...

I've never had swordfish before! Not sure if I could though as whenever I think of swordfish I can't help but think of the cartoon kinds lol. Sounds like you had a lot of fun though!

Zibilee said...

Hope you are having an awesome time over there!

Lisa said...

This sounds like a fabulous time! I enjoy vacationing in the off-season - it's much less touristy and crowded. Greece is very high on my must-see list.

Maya Ganesan said...

LUCKY! Have fun.