Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Waiting On Wednesday (29) Lips Touch by Laini Taylor

I wish I could go to BEA! Not only is the Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire going to the see the public light for the first time, but there is also quite a nice lineup of 6 books that will be presented during the BEA Young Adult Editors’ Buzz panel - and Lips Touch is one of them.

Here's the summary from amazon:

Three tales of supernatural love, each pivoting on a kiss that is no mere kiss, but an action with profound consequences for the kissers' souls:

Goblin Fruit: In Victorian times, goblin men had only to offer young girls sumptuous fruits to tempt them to sell their souls. But what does it take to tempt today's savvy girls?

Spicy Little Curses: A demon and the ambassador to Hell tussle over the soul of a beautiful English girl in India. Matters become complicated when she falls in love and decides to test her curse.

Hatchling: Six days before Esme's fourteenth birthday, her left eye turns from brown to blue. She little suspects what the change heralds, but her small safe life begins to unravel at once. What does the beautiful, fanged man want with her, and how is her fate connected to a mysterious race of demons?

Each of the three tales -- which are about kissing -- begin with a short introduction that you can read on Laini Taylor's blog. She also talks about her inspiration and writing process on the post I've linked to. Sounds fun! I'm especially interested in Goblin Fruit. How about you? Too bad we'll have to wait until October 1...

28 comments:

Unknown said...

"Spicy Little Curses" sounds very interesting to me ... it's always fascinating to see what happens when people try to buck fate.

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

I wish I could go to BEA too!! It's a good price for librarians, but the travel costs are what make it too much for me. I wish I was closer to NY! I am going to ALA this summer, so I'm hoping that will make up for it.

Ladytink_534 said...

Oh now that's a neat cover! I really like how the colors pop. These all sound like neat stories.

Bookgeek said...

Oh, this sounds really good. I went to BEA last year in LA and had such a good time - and came home with so many books. Also wish I was going to NY...

Amy said...

lips touch---ohh! sounds awesome. btw, catching fire is my most anticipated release as well, Hunger Games was so...it just...I can't even describe:-D
-amy

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Oh yeah, this does sound interesting. I really like the cover!!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could go! But alas...nobody or nothing comes to TN.

Staci said...

They all sound pretty cool and that they each start with a kiss...I like!!!

Diana Dang said...

I would pick that up in a heart beat because of the cover!

Jen said...

I love the cover! I like the sounds of the goblins!

Yvonne said...

Sounds good!

I just gave you an award :)

Alea said...

This does sound awesome! And I love short stories so yeah!

MySharonAnne said...

I wish that you were going to the bea too. I will have to look for this one while I'm there. I seriously cannot wait!

HeatherMarie said...

Wow sounds like a great book. I hadn't heard of this before. I'll have to keep my eyes out for it.

Kate said...

Sounds like a wicked book. The cover rocks :)

Liviania said...

That cover is *hot*.

Amy said...

I SO wish you could be there. And I'm working on strategies for the Catching Fire signing. ;)

H said...

Oh, I wish I could go to BEA. I wish it so much! I'm just going to pretend to myself that it doesn't exist until it's over and too late :)

Rebecca Herman said...

you have to be there at like 7am for a ticket for the Catching Fire signing... so even though I'm going to BEA I don't think I'll get a copy either, unless they have extras outside the signing. So don't feel too bad!

Carolina said...

How do you find all of these great-sounding and great-looking books? *adding this book to wishlist* :)

And I wish I could go to BEA, but sadly, I have school >.<

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

What an awesome cover!! This sounds really good 8)

Lenore Appelhans said...

OMG! I am going to BEA! And I'll get up for Catching Fire - no problem :)

Carolina - I just do a lot of blog crawling until I find books that catch my interest!!

Unknown said...

Lenore, I heard YOU ARE going to BEA!!! :) I'll be there with Sharon (who luvs books and cats:)) So I hope to meet up with you!

Darlene said...

That is such a cool cover!

Rebecca Herman said...

Yeah, I wish I could get up to get some of the tickets for the popular signings but alas I'm coming from almost 2 hours away and I'm bad enough waking up as it is.

I hope I get to meet some other bloggers though! And there are plenty of signings/ARCs that no tickets are required for. :)

Lenore Appelhans said...

I hate getting up early too. But I'll try to stay close by so I have a better chance of getting up. Plus, my body will still be in my own time zone (6 hours ahead) so that will make it easier too!

Zibilee said...

This book sounds amazing! I hadn't heard of it, but your review and the description have really intrigued me. I put this one on my list and will be waiting for it, along with the sequel for The Hunger Games.

vvb32 reads said...

The Lips Touch is soooo intrigueing. Love that graphics novel-feel about it. So, you're going to BEA after all? Have a good time!