Saturday, October 3, 2009

Third Quarter Reading in Review

Here's what went on in July, August and September:

Books

I read 27 YA and middle grade novels (and 1 YA non-fiction):

Crashed by Robin Wasserman
Skinned by Robin Wasserman
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Fire by Kristin Cashore
Things Are Gonna Get Ugly by Hillary Homzie
Dreaming Anastasia by Joy Preble
Wanderlust by Lucy Silag
The Stolen One by Suzanne Crowley
Everything Sucks by Hannah Friedman
The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
The Devil's Kiss by Sarwat Chadda
Hate List by Jennifer Brown
Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
Exclusively Chloe by J.A. Yang
Crazy Beautiful by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams
Starfinder by John Marco
Lipstick Apology by Jennifer Jabaley
An Off Year by Claire Zulkey
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Ash by Malinda Lo
Feathered by Laura Kasischke
Dull Boy by Sarah Cross
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
The Miles Between by Mary E. Pearson
The Heights by Brian James
Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev

I read 9 adult novels:
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Swimming by Nicola Keegan
Labor Day by Joyce Maynard
Time of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch
The Glassblower of Murano by Marina Fiorato
The Sinful Life of Lucy Burns by Elizabeth Leiknes
Midwives by Chris Bohjalian
Last Last Chance by Fiona Maazel
Life Sentences by Laura Lippman

For a total of 37 over 3 months, which was much better than last quarter when I only managed 27.

Interviews/Guest Posts

Lisa Mantchev (Eyes Like Stars)
Mary E. Pearson (The Miles Between)
Diana Peterfreund (Rampant)
Suzanne Crowley (The Stolen One)
Hillary Homzie (Things Are Gonna Get Ugly)
Malinda Lo (Ash)

Stats

I had one day with over 800 visitors for the first time and three of my contests attracted over 300 entries. I also read my 100th book during this quarter. I am well on track to pass my total of 125 books read last year.

Oh and happy German Reunification Day! Thanks to this holiday falling on a Saturday this year, all stores are closed all weekend. We wanted to buy a few things last night to tide us over until we saw that lines were at least 40 people deep...

16 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Wow, you had a great quarter!

Amy said...

Geeez. You're a reading machine! :-D I admire you for reading the devils kiss. I absolutely could not get through that one.
-amy

kay - Infinite Shelf said...

You had some great reading in this last quarter! That's amazing!

Janssen said...

Well done! I'm totally impressed.

Belle said...

You had a fabulous reading quarter! Great job!

Rhiannon Hart said...

I love the tone of this post: *dusts off palms, everything is just going so well, happy sigh!*

Shame about the shops though. I hope you've got an emergency chocolate stash!

Meghan said...

Wow, great reading quarter! You have been reading a ton of great books.

Anonymous said...

Great job!

Alice said...

Well done, Lenore!

Brittany said...

Wow, I wish I accomplished That much. You had a great couple of months.

Beth F said...

Absolutely fantastic quarter.

Jenn M. said...

That is quite an accomplishment!

Ladytink_534 said...

Wow! Great couple of months! You always have the best contests so little surprise about that one though.

iroquois girl said...

Impressive stats to say the least...
beacuse your site is one of the best I've come across. I'm one of those first-time visitors this quarter and I happily will stay a followin' :P

~bella

Melody said...

Congrats, Lenore! You read a lot of books! Keep it up! :)

Anna said...

Great progress and a great list of titles.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric