Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Library Thing Tuesday (35) + Pic of Emmy

Today's question: I happened to stumble upon this great page within the site that has some great information on it about LT Authors, becoming a LT Author, and how readers can use the section to learn about their favorite authors, the books they read and what inspires them. Did you know that there are 1497 authors participating in LT Authors? If you haven't checked it out, head over for a moment and see if you can find out something new about an author! If you don't have time to go snooping, have you ever looked at the LT Author page before? Did you know that it is for authors and readers alike? Have you ever looked up a favorite or new author on LT to see what they read and if they have left any comments or reviews themselves? Have you ever told an author about LT Authors and encouraged them to check the site out?

My answer: I looked at the LT Authors section in depth when I was making a reading list for Dawn's (She is Too Fond of Books) LT Author Challenge last fall. I like that your LT Authors show up in your member connections on your profile page. I also glance at the Featured Authors on the homepage. I do think it is a great feature and I have spent some time checking out author's libraries now and again.

*************************

Emmy practically lives in this spot next to the heater, so we have a ton of cute pictures of her here. I like the perspective of this one, and how you can see the storyboards for Daniel's upcoming picture book with HarperCollins in the background.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Emmy is such a cutie. She is the inspiration for my pictures of Milou.

Alea said...

That's what I wish I was doing right now! Had a bit of trouble staying awake on the bus this morning! And yay for Daniel's storyboards!!!

Linda said...

Nothing cuter than a cat by a heater. Ours find ways to stay warm - curling up inside Kaitlin's coat she left on the couch, snuggling up under blankets on the kids beds and laying by my space heater.

Oh, and I'll check out the LT site. Tell Daniel HI! So exciting to see his storyboards, even at a distance!

Melissa said...

Emmy looks so comfy!

Darlene said...

This is a great pic of Emmy. I think, like bermuda, I'm going to have to swipe this idea and start posting some pics of my little man.

Anna Claire said...

Aw Emmy. What's better than petting a fluffy, drowsy cat? Not much :)

Jim said...

Emmy sure is a cutie. Do you suppose some of my favorite authors are there?

Lenore Appelhans said...

bermuda - Emmy loves to inspire (she is the inspiration for many of my naps!)

Alea - He just sent in the sketches so he's waiting for feedback now!!

Linda - Yep, Emmy's found all the warm places we have to offer!

Melissa - I do envy her sometimes :)

Dar - You totally should!! I love seeing pet pictures.

AC - You got that right.

Hi dad, you should check. Might be some and you could chat with them :) Just enter their name into the search field and when you come to their author page, it will show whether they are an LT author or not. Let me know if you need any assistance.

Shalonda said...

Loving this picture of Emmy!

Anonymous said...

Emmy is so cute and she likes to stay warm like my two cats. Any blanket i put out is immediately taken over by Allie or any of my warm clothes she thinks she has to sit on and rumage through. Keep the pictures coming, how old is she now? Love you, Rhonda

Yan said...

Emmy has to be the most cutest cat I know! Now I feel like getting my own cat XD

Anonymous said...

Right now I wish i could laze around like Emmy, it would be heaven.

Darlene said...

I left you an award on my blog Lenore. Check it out.

Ana S. said...

Emmy is gorgeous! One of my cats also practically lives on the heather these days, lol.

Wendi said...

Emmy is adorable!

It is nice to know the author page is there, but I don't know how often I will use it!

Thanks for participating in Tuesday Thingers this week!

Have a wonderful week ~ Wendi

Ladytink_534 said...

My cat sits on my stomach like that when I'm reading or watching a movie lol