Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Waiting On Wednesday (15) The Plague by Joanne Dahme

This gorgeous cover and the setting during the plague in 14th century Europe were enough to make Joanne Dahme's upcoming May 2009 release my WOW pick this week.

I had a hard time finding a description but here's what I've got:

In a clever merging of historical fact and vivid fiction Joanne Dahme explores the story of the young Plantagenet Princess Joan, the daughter of King Edward III and the sister of Edward, the Black Prince, through the eyes of thirteen-year-old Nell, who bears a striking resemblance to the young princess. But when the Plague claims her life on the way to her wedding to the Prince of Castile, The Black Prince schemes to make the wedding happen, and secure an important alliance between England and Spain. Nell will become the Princess, and no one must find out.

Based on historical truth, the author beautifully captures the dark terror of a Plague-infested fourteenth-century Europe, while bringing to life the daily, tense existence of medieval life.

I know some of you ARC junkies (Alea, BermudaOnion, Dawn) have gotten this already, but I haven't, and I want it!

I've noticed a lot of bloggers participating in Waiting On Wednesday lately, so don't forget to leave your link at host Jill's post this week so we can all check out your pick!

14 comments:

Alea said...

I had not read that synopsis! The one I saw was very very vague!

Anonymous said...

This really seems like a good book. Worth wainting for.

Here is mine!

Anonymous said...

I got this one too and hope to get to it soon.

Anna Claire said...

This looks really good and I hadn't heard of it before--thanks!

S. Krishna said...

I got an ARC of this one as well - I'm looking forward to it, but hope it's better than Creepers (good but a bit disappointing)

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Sounds good! Thanks for sharing. I hope to get a copy of this one too.

Anonymous said...

Is this like Year of Wonders?

Lenore Appelhans said...

bk - not sure since I haven't read either yet, but they do share a plague setting.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Haven't heard of this, but it does sound very interesting! Thanks for sharing. :)

-lauren

Holly said...

Unrelated to this current post: I just wanted to let you know I gave your blog the Butterfly award! Hop on over to my blog to check it out. :-)

Sandra said...

Anything with the plague in it has to be interesting. I'll watch for your review.

Darlene said...

I've not heard of this one before but it definitely sounds like one I'd really like to read.

The Compulsive Reader said...

Oh my goodness, this one looks so good! I want it!!

Thanks for bringing it to my attention...

Amanda said...

This sounds like my kind of book! I love a bit of plague!