Friday, January 23, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award & The Exciting "7 Things" Meme

S. Krishna from S. Krishna Books gave me the Kreativ Blogger Award which means I have to do to the meme that comes with it. Thanks so much!

7 Things I Did Before:

1. Walked a neighbor girl to the school bus for $5 a week.
2. Took the foreign service exam.
3. Picked up hitchhikers once. (They told us we shouldn't have)
4. Ran hurdles for my high school track team.
5. Sang in the youth choir at church.
6. Eurailed.
7. Was in Girl Scouts.

7 Things I Do Now:

1. Read (Obviously)
2. Blog (Obviously)
3. Watch TV on DVD. Currently watching Mad Men season 1 and Chuck season 1. I’m also following the current seasons of Battlestar Galactica and Lost via Slingbox.
4. Play hide and seek with my cat Emmy. She loves looking for us, it is so cute!
5. Take long walks and bike rides in the park.
6. Eat a lot of sushi at the “crack sushi” restaurant. We are also trying out new restaurants that are featured in a two for one coupon book we bought.
7. Travel to exotic locales.

7 Things I Want to Do:

1. Pilates. I need to go to the sports club around the corner and sign up.
2. Find a conversational Spanish class to brush up on my Spanish. It used to be perfect, but since I’ve hardly spoken it in years, it’s getting rusty.
3. Attend BEA. Not going to happen, but I can dream!
4. Cook at home more.
5. Rework my picture book manuscript.
6. Outline the amazing YA novel idea I have floating in my head.
7. Travel to even more exotic locales.

7 Things I Say Most Often:

1. Meowy Kittykin (This is our favorite nickname for Emmy – she sure likes to meow!)
2. Shall I make some tea? (We drink a lot of Celestial Seasonings Hazelnut Vanilla tea – yum!)
3. Daniel! (Trying to get Daniel’s attention)
4. Bad kitty! (Self explanatory…)
5. It is so cold. (Our apartment is freezing in the winter)
6. I don't know (Wisest is she who knows she does not know)
7. My last name (That is how you are supposed to answer the phone in Germany)

Feel free to do the meme too! And if you do, let me know. I'd love to read your answers.

11 comments:

Alea said...

I was a Girl Scout too!

I heart Mad Men and need to watch Chuck!

That's interesting you answer the phone with your last name, i'd never heard about that before!

Janssen said...

I would LOVE to go to BEA (especially since I heard they were giving out copies of Catching Fire there).

Anonymous said...

BEA is one of my dreams too.

Meg89 said...

I got hooked on Mad Men over Christmas break, watched both seasons over the span of about a week and a half, and am now desperately awaiting the season 3 premiere.

Lenore Appelhans said...

Alea - it does take awhile to get used to for sure.

Janssen - That is the main reason I want to go too.

Bermudaonion - Someday!

Meg89 - We are in the middle of season 1 and I hope season 2 comes out on DVD soon.

Linda said...

LOVE the new header! Way to go Daniel!

I'm going to do 7 Things on my blog too...as soon as I can think of some good answers.

Alea said...

Squeal!!!!! The new header is so so so so so so so cute!!!!!!!

Thao said...

You say your last name to answer the phone in Germany? How interesting. I'm gonna call you when I have the chance :)

S. Krishna said...

Ooh, the foreign service exam, impressive!

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

Ohh Celestial Seasonings have the best flavors! Right now I'm addicted to the Madagascar Vanilla Rooibos Red Tea.

Lenore Appelhans said...

Love the Madagascar Vanilla Rooibos Red Tea too.