I have a few really exciting things to share.
1. I had dinner with YA Author Linda Gerber on Wednesday night!! Linda’s husband is being offered a job over here, so they came to scope out schools for their kids. We met at my favorite “crack” sushi restaurant (apt since we’ve both lived in Japan), and ate some amazing sushi (including Linda’s fave, ebi ten). We talked about the future of the “Death by” series (we both want there to be more books in the series), what she’s working on now (something paranormal – oooh!), how awesome the YA genre is right now (and that middle grade is “the next big thing”) and much more. We were having such a great time, the very patient staff actually had to kick us out! Also, not only did Linda sign my copy of her first book, Now and Zen, she also brought me two boxes of my favorite cereal, Quaker Oat Squares. Thanks Linda!
2. Season 4.5 of Battlestar Galactica starts tonight! I just finished the final episode of Season 4.0 yesterday and I was dumbstruck by the ending. I need to know what happens next! I don’t know why it took me so long to give this awesome series a chance (I just started watching it with my family over Christmas break), but I am so glad I did.
3. Our Chinese friend Weina is in town so I went to the Asian supermarket on Kaiserstrasse for the first time ever, and you know what they had?! Plantain chips! I loved eating these when I lived in Ecuador, and have only ever been able to find them in CA and FL until now. Yum!
4. I now have 100 followers and over 230 subscribers. I sincerely appreciate every single one.
5. Facebook has reunited me with so many friends I’ve lost contact with. It feels like a miracle every time.
6. I got another award! Meredith of Meredith’s Musings gave me the very stylish “Your Blog is Fabulous” award. Thank you sooo much!
What exciting stuff is going on in your life?